One of the greatest commandments is to ‘Love one another’.
“As each has received a gift, use it to serve one another, as good stewards of God’s varied grace: whoever speaks, as one who speaks oracles of God; whoever serves, as one who serves by the strength that God supplies—in order that in everything God may be glorified through Jesus Christ.”~1 Peter 4:10-11
Heart of the ‘Playdate with Purpose’ is in sharing the good news of Christ with the lost among us.As we reach out the community with love of Christ, there are ‘How-to’ questions that I have been asked by many.I am jotting down some logistical details.As you follow through some of these steps, keep prayerful attitude, seek the guidance from Him.Exalt Christ in everything you do.I hope it is an encouragement for you.
What do you need for ‘Playdate with Purpose’?
Loving Servant heart seeking to glorify Jesus Christ. Did I mention kids?
How can I ‘Playdate with Purpose’ you ask?
3 Ps: Pray, Plan, Playdate & Serve
- Pray that God will show you the need where you can serve.
- Pray how can you share the gospel with the people you are about to serve.
- Pray that God will make you instrumental in figuring out the logistical part of need.
- Pray that God will give you the desire to move your feet and hand to fulfill that need.
- Communicate your desire to serve
- To your children.
- To your family.
- To your friends.
- And go back to Praying together.
Prepare, Playdate & Serve
- Pick a day and place to serve
- Gather together and go serve.
- Eat and play with your friends before/after you serve.
And would you mind, if I may just add this in the list,
- Come back and tell me what you did. Send me your story and picture, so I can tell to the whole wide world what an amazing example you are of the loving servant heart
What if my friends are busy?
Life gets busy.It is hard to plan anything when schedules compete with each other. As discouraging as it may sound, I think there is a hope, I would encourage if God has given you the desire to serve, He will see you through it.You must be faithful in His obedience. So do not sit idle waiting for the right moment and right company to serve with. Go ahead, just as you are, prayerfully, to serving field anyway. Trust God for his provision. He is always faithful.
I believe as a Christ follower, every day is a good day to be a missionary. Every place is mission field and each day that I exist, I ought to share the gospel of Jesus Christ. So I would say serve as you feel led to regardless of number of times.